Following the structure of many other sports, in October 2016 DTA introduced the concept of ‘Core’ & ‘Development’ Pathways. ‘Core’ lessons have not changed in day, time or location. However, if you choose, you can try some of our structured pathway classes.
- ‘Core’ classes cover all aspects of Taekwondo and are suitable for all grades from beginner to Master who want to enjoy fun structured lessons, and work through the Belt system.
- ‘Development’ classes are specialist classes with particular themes working towards specific goals
The Development Pathways are currently structured into 3 specific areas :-
- Sports Taekwondo – working towards Olympic Sparring Competition.
- Poomsae / Patterns Classes – to improve your Poomsae, and work towards Poomsae competition.
- Demonstration Team – improve you r gymnastic skills, and work toward taking part in public Taekwondo displays
The Development Pathways are open to all but complete beginners.
The Development Pathways compliment many aspects of the CORE classes and can be used to help you work towards your next belt test. Attendance at Development Pathways alone is not sufficient to progress through the belt tests.
The lesson Schedule detailing the Class times and types can be found by Clicking here Training Venues (pdf – open in new window)
Below are the Dates and times of the Development classes for September – December 2016
Sundays 1-3pm at Littledown (Main Hall)
* Fireworks demo 5th November, possible demo at Christmas Grading
Poomsae / Patterns Development Class
Saturday 10th September at Littledown 10-12
Monday 26th September at Grange School 8-9pm
Saturday 8th October at Littledown 10-12
Monday 24th October at Grange School 8-9pm
Monday 21st November at Grange 8-9pm
Thursday 24th November at Littledown 7-10pm
Saturday 26th November at Littledown 10am – midday
Sport Development Classes
Mondays 7-8pm at the Grange School
Tuesdays 8.-9pm at Beaufort Community Centre
Saturdays 11-1pm at Littledown (Main Hall)
* not 24th September (National Championships), hall not available 1st October & 19th November.