Thank you for your continued support during Covid 19 Pandemic. Since closing all the face-to-face training in mid-march we have been busy with online (Zoom) and Facebook Live classes. We have also set up a new Facebook Group (DTA Homelearning) where we post lots of challenges, classes and training tips. This can be found at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1113597895655537/learning_content/
With a view to keeping you active, engaged and focused, we took a decision to keep all classes FREE. The club is run on a not for profit basis, unlike others in the UK, coaches are all volunteers who give their time and energy purely for the love of Taekwondo- none of the club coaches is paid. Currently the club has minimal outgoings and is well managed financially which will allow us to continue to operate until such time as training inside resumes.
With leisure centre able to open from 25th July it’s great to hear from so many of you asking when we will get back to classes. It is our intention to get back to inside face-to-face classes as soon as it is safe to do so. Currently we are working towards early / mid September. Most of our venues have been out of contact since lockdown and there is still a lot of details to organise.
This is a fast changing situation and I don’t want to speculate what our new training program will look like. However, I am prepared to say it will not be the same as before and will definitely be a “new normal”. I anticipate
- Reduced class sizes to allow for social distancing.
- Limited exercises – for example contact exercises / sparring are not currently permitted.
- A requirement to book and pay for our classes online so we can manage numbers and keep an accurate list of attendees.
- Classes are unlikely to be at the same days, times, and locations as before.
- Classes will be shorter / targeted / specific to particular grades, and themed. (This is to maximise your learning potential during our limited face-to-face time)
I am sure you will have many questions which I am happy to answer. I have set up a FAQs which can be found here on our website. If you have any unanswered questions please email them to Master Naraine at email@example.com
Master Darren Naraine (7th Dan)
Chairman – Dorset Taekwondo Association